Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.
It was just the kick in the pants that I needed to finally try a recipe that popped into my head starting with the title: Double-Chocolate Greek Yogurt Muffins. That kind of title needs something to back it up.
Now if someone would just invent “Fruit Salad Friday”, maybe I’ll finally put an actual recipe behind “Maple Bacon Fruit Salad”.
WARNING!!! It seems I forgot to put cocoa in the ingredients list! And of course, this is the only place I wrote down the recipe. Will need to do a bit of experimenting to figure out quantity. Stay tuned. And thank you to the lovely Finola for noticing that there was only one “chocolate” in the “double chocolate” muffins .
|Double-Chocolate Greek Yogurt Muffins|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease 12 muffin cups.
- Mix the wet and dry in separate bowls, then add the wet to the dry and blend with as few strokes as possible.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.