The magic in this recipe comes from the way you can use pretty much anything for the ‘vegetables’, so can use it for crisper clean-out day. What I like to do is chop up leftover vegetables and the “less desirable” bits, like broccoli & mushroom stems, and freeze them. I usually have several bags of assorted veg in the freezer – in fact I developed this recipe specifically because you can only eat so much Magic Black Bean Soup.
|Magic Crockpot Pasta Sauce||
- 6 cups chopped vegetables
- 2 28oz cans of diced tomatoes (do NOT substitute crushed – the sauce will burn around the edges)
- 1/3 cup garlic
- 3 Tbsp Italian seasoning (I make my own with this recipe)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- Put all the ingredients in a 5-6qt slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Soupify with an immersion blender.