I should have known better.
This week is a special edition of #SundaySupper: everyone is bringing a recipe from one of Christina Ferrare‘s books or web site. I promised to bring Fourth Generation Rice Pudding, which was all fine and dandy – until I tried to and adapt it for the crockpot (don’t ask me why – actually, I’ll tell you why – remembering to stir is not my forte).
If you like, you can try it for yourself. The ingredients are on Christina’s web site (along with her directions, which I imagine work perfectly well . Here are my directions:
- Dump all the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Remember how badly the first (several) batches of Carrot Ginger Soup went (too much liquid), and add more rice.
- Set the timer to cook on low from 1am to 9am.
- Take a peek at 7am and discover you still have a TON of liquid and a tiny clump of totally uncooked rice.
- Crank up the crock to high.
- Seriously consider adding even more rice, but don’t. This, incidentally, will be the first right call you’ve made so far because 30 minutes later…
- Poof! The rice has suddenly exploded, and you realize that the extra maybe wasn’t such a good idea after all.
So, feel free to try this for yourself, or for the
less adventurous more sensible, try Christina’s recipe, perhaps paired with the wine reccomendations from Wine Everyday. And don’t forget to check out some of the other dishes at Sunday Supper:
- Tomato Mozzarella Tower with Shallot Bacon Dressing, Chicken Marsala with Angel Hair Pasta and melon Medley with Lemon Sorbet The Primlani Kitchen
- Roasted Beet Wild Arugula with Goat Cheese Salad Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Spaghetti and Meatballs Juanita’s Cocina
- Sea Bass with Soy Glaze and Cucumber Salsa Beetles Kitchen
- Pesto Pasta Katherine Martinelli
- Chicken Picatta Over Pasta Family Foodie
- Grilled Orange-Ginger Chicken Breasts Supper for a Steal
- Seafood Risotto Magnolia Days
- Fall Off The Bone Chicken Thighs Lovely Pantry
- Risotto with Fresh Peas and Asparagus Big Bears Wife
- Strawberry Shortcake German Foodie
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Mrs Mama Hen
- Cheesecake with Fresh Berries The Messy Baker
- Strawberry Shortcake That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake Baker Street
Ever had a #PuddingFail?